NCCA's Voter Registration Drive
Get involved today to make sure people who really care about children are registered to vote!
- Introductory Letter from NCCA President, Johnny Anderson
- Signature Sheets for Previously Registered Voters
- Signature Sheet for newly Registered Voters
- Press Release
- Voter Registration Offices - State by State
Dear Early Care & Education Provider,
Never has it been so evident that Early Care & Education is critically important to the families and children of the United States! Children need quality programs to support their healthy development & learning. Families need quality programs to be able to work and support themselves. And the United States needs quality programs to foster and support a sound economy!
National Child Care Association (NCCA) is asking you to take part in a grassroots effort to increase the number of registered voters who are genuinely concerned about America’s young children. This effort is not about any association, company, or political party.
“Show America’s Children You Have Heart, Register to Vote this Valentine’s Day!” is about the children. It is imperative to demonstrate how many people, people who vote, really care about children’s issues. These people are the people you see every day: your teachers and the parents of the children in your care.
All the materials you need, including a poster, signature sheets, and press releases are available to all NCCA members at www.NCCAnet.org .
The life of a child care director is a busy one but by following a few steps, everyone can participate:
- Inform your teachers & parents about the event – hang the poster in your lobby.
- Call your local Voter Registration office and ask them how you can offer registration. The contact information by clicking here
- Make copies of the signature sheets - one for parents who are already registered voters and one for parents who are registering through this event.
- On Valentine’s Day put out the signature sheets and registration information. If appropriate, involve your school age children.
- NCCA will be compiling a summary of this event. Click here to complete the on-line survey before 02/28/2011
People who care about children must be heard at the polls!